USA Learns provides free online courses to help adults learn English and prepare for U.S. citizenship.
- Beginning and intermediate online ESL courses teach speaking, listening, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, writing, and grammar
- Video lessons and thousands of activities
- New U.S. Citizenship course that prepares immigrants for ALL aspects of the naturalization interview
- A teacher side that lets educators easily monitor and support their learners’ progress through the USA Learns courses
Evidence of Effectiveness
According to research done by the Instituto del Progreso Latino’s Cyber ESL program in 2017, “The quantitative outcome results [of using USA Learns with adults] are impressive. Program students made great gains in their English capacity when measured against statewide averages…”
What They're Saying
“I’m not aware of another free resource that is this in-depth and prepares applicants for ALL aspects of the naturalization interview. The combination of reading, writing, listening and speaking practice makes this course ideal for many levels of citizenship students.”
–Jennifer Gagliardi, U.S. Citizenship Teacher
“Wow! This is a wonderful place to improve your English. You should recommend to your friends and teachers. Thanks USA Learns!”
–Jessid, Facebook learner
“It is a good website to learn English for beginners. It can improve various skills such as listening and speaking. The teachers are excellent. By the way, it is free of charge.”
–Luo, Facebook learner
Key Tips for Implementation
- Be sure to check out the teacher side (https://usalearns.org/teacher), where you can easily create a course based on USA Learns’ content.
- By sharing your class key with your registered students, you can easily connect your teacher account to theirs so you can monitor their progress and support their learning.
Do you have a comment or a question?