My Next Move
My Next Move helps job seekers and students learn more about their career options. Users can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person’s interests and level of work experience.
- Multiple Search Options | Search potential careers by industry, by keywords, by interests, by the level of preparation needed, and by outlook.
- Explore Careers | Powered by O*Net—the Department of Labor’s occupational database—learners and job seekers can explore in-depth profiles of over 900 jobs, including career videos for many, local data on salary and outlook, and required skills and education levels.
- Tools for Veterans | My Next Move for Veterans provides search options that help veterans explore civilian careers for which they are prepared based on their military experience.
- Embeddable Widgets | The O*Net Interest Profiler, part of the My Next Move suite of products, is Creative Commons licensed and can be embedded into an organization’s website.
- Available in Spanish | A majority of the resources available on My Next Move are also available in Spanish at Mi Próximo Paso.
Browse potential careers by interests, past jobs, key words or industry.
The Interest Profiler lets you find possible career matches and filter by required preparation levels.
My Next Move has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers.
Evidence of Effectiveness
My Next Move is a flexible career exploration tool that can be used in a variety of ways. Because it is linked to the O*Net occupational database, My Next Move is powered by extensive, regularly updated data that includes wage info, employment projections, and more.
Do you have a comment or a question?